Friday, August 15, 2008

We think life will go on and on..............


Last week was a scary one for me and my family. My Father had a heart attack on Saturday morning. As my siblings and I gathered I thought of all the things I wanted to remember about my Dad. Growing up in my family, the laughter, the tears and dreams we all shared.
To pass the time in the hospital, I took out my quilting from my bag. As I sat and appliqued on a quilt block.
It dawned on me.............quilts do go on and on. They all tell a story in some way for the next generation to see. Children will sleep under it, grandchildren will comfort themselves with it. As I sat at Dad's bedside I could see and feel the beautiful quilt of memories I share with him.
They will always warm my heart and comfort me.
Dad is home now weak but alert and getting stronger each day.
Love you PA


1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm so glad to hear that your father is on the mend... I know how scary that can be!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.